Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mr. Army Man Pageant

Some families sit around the table telling stories, some argue about who gets to host Thanksgiving dinner, some just watch TV in silence.... Not my family.  Last year at Easter, I hosted Easter dinner at my house - about 25 of us.  Instead of sitting around after dinner, we had a little competition - an army man pageant.
The army men came from the Dollar Tree - I think they came in packs of five or six for a dollar.  The embellishments came mostly from Lisa's scrap booking box plus some ribbons and felt.

We basically gave everyone an army man, set out the embellishments and let everyone go to town!

I am always amazed at how creative my family is...



We voted on the best, and the winners received tiny golden trophies (also a find at Dollar Tree).      I would LOVE to hear your ideas for the next family gathering!  The cheaper, the better!







2 comments:

  1. I am having a little trouble with posting comments. The last one was a test. Guess it worked. Lord knows I am not even going to try to be crafty. : ) I love these army men! The prizes were so cute too!

    ReplyDelete