Friday, February 18, 2011

Quilts fo yo crib!

I'm unsure how this obsession began - probably watching my mother and grandmother carefully piece together quilt tops and assemble beautiful finished products...  I love my home made quilts and I will never get rid of them, except to pass them on to my own children some day.  Crib-size quilts really are pretty easy, as long as you keep them SIMPLE! Patchwork quilts are the best kind, in my opinion.
This was the first quilt I ever made.   My dear friends from work provided the fabric for the squares, and I put them all together.  We presented the finished quilt to our co-worker and friend, Dave for his new son. The best part about this quilt is that it has four different personalities wrapped up into one.  
Quilt #2 - for my friend Kelly's baby shower.  Fabrics are from Hobby Lobby. The layers are bound together with yarn ties and the edges are actually the backing wrapped around the front side creating a nice border.

Quilts #3 and #4 - My cousin Emily had the most beautiful twins, a boy and girl.  I tried to stick with Emily's fun style with the fabrics I chose (Hobby Lobby). 

No comments:

Post a Comment